View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 10:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Agree w/ all shared.... most common reactions are headache & tiredness--wanting to sleep after. I also spiked fever few times.

drink plenty water, and unless you have really "bad" veins shouldn't be problem starting. (this was a problem for me --but I had one "good" vein that was usally reliable--in my Left arm "crook"--not very comfortable but the Best option for me. I don't like in hand--hurts & bruises too much. If you have preference Let them know. It's your body!!

My insurance at first only covered treatmt in hospital, then later at home (preferred --it can become boring, but I had a great home health nurse & we had some interesting conversations)

I've heard many "success" storys and hope you are another....

For me I did not achieve the level of results others shared , or that I hoped for, BUT know IVIG was helping me from gettin worse. When treatmts stopped I could reallly feel a major difference--increase pain, neuropathies, dysfunction.

My treatmts have been denied by new Insurance --been in a crazy process of appealing ... Insurance Co. "blames" Dr for not submitting needed med info to make determination; DR says they have been sending all info....
Rep from IVIG Co who supplied me, said she's seen this happen before... w/ Insurance Co who don't want to pay for the expensive treatmts.
My DR , who is my Rep in appeal, said it will be a Fight,

Meanwhile, I've decompensated... but insurance Co doesn't seem to care...they're saving $$$

Wish you the best !!!

Last edited by pono; 06-30-2007 at 10:59 PM. Reason: add
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote