View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Short time on the antibiotics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirfy80 View Post
Thanks for the responses guys.

I had only taken the cefuroxime for two days before I had an allergic reaction then switched to Flucoxacillin 4 times a day for for days 250mg but as far as I knew neither were known for causing Neuropathy. The cefuroxime is a cephalosporin and Flucoxacillin a penicillin I have read unless anyone can advise otherwise.

As the procedure does involve multiple incisions thought they are only a couple on MM deep into the scalp is that enough trauma to cause SFN as those nerves are in the skin itself as opposed to the deeper nerves.

My diet previous to this has always been pretty good but I have really cleaned it up now but am struggling to really get enough calories in to start putting weight back on plus the fact I am no longer hitting the gym. How important is diet and elimination or reduction of carbs. I am not diabetic my fasting glucose level was 4.6mmol/L. I did however have another random pin prick test and the doctor mentioned it was a little high and I mentioned I had a bowl of oats with honey about an hour earlier and he said that's probably what it is. He didn't tell me actual result but I think I saw an 11 on his machine. I am considering purchasing a blood glucose monitor so I can keep an eye on this myself as my doctor is very reluctant to do any of the tests I ask him to do.

Has anyone had autonomic functions affected but then resolved? Although my sweating has pretty much disappeared I did wake up one night and covered in sweat like I normally would be most nights and also another occasion when it was quite a hot day.

Glad to have found somewhere where people actually understand some of my symptoms as most people both medics and family and friends seem quite sceptical.
so maybe thats not it. There are so many varieties of Neuropathy and so many symptoms, many never figure out anything as a cause. There are some that have diabetic involvement that are below the national standard for becoming even pre-diabetic. Maybe some will jump in later. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sirfy80 (12-25-2015)