Thread: My SFN Story
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 07:46 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate the kind words, advice and information, and general good will and encouragement. I've only shared my story with a handful of people I know, so it's nice to tell it to others, especially those who for unfortunate reasons are in a position to understand it and to empathize with me.

Rather than respond to everyone at once, I think I'll take it one at a time.

Pinkynose, thank you for your kind words. I'm not perfect, but I'm trying to do what I can to set things right. I have to at least try and to do whatever is in my power, I think, especially since I'm not just responsible to myself, so that's where I am. I'm finding this forum immensely helpful, including communicating with you.

Regarding the supplements, here's my current regimen:

Immediately upon waking: B12 (1500 mcg)

With breakfast: Enzymedica Digest Basic (1 capsule), Benfotiamine (300 mg), Vitamin C (Camu C, 2 capsules)

With lunch: Enzymes Digest Spectrum (1 capsule), NAC (NOW brand, 1 capsule)

With dinner: Enzymes Digest Spectrum (1 capsule), Benfotiamine (300 mg), NAC (NOW brand, 1 capsule)

Now, in the coming weeks and months I'll be introducing some new ones and ones that I tried earlier but failed to successfully introduce, including D3/K2, B-complex (from Pure Encapsulations), Cod LO, L-Carnosine, COQ10, Reservertrol, PQQ, Acetyl-l-Carnitine, R-Lipoic Acid, and a host of herbal antibacterials, anti-fungals, and the like. I introduce only one per week so that I'm sure I can isolate any problems and so that I can see if there are any positives, and I search long and hard for supplements that have the least number of additives and fillers, usually succeeding in finding ones that only have cellulose and water added. Pure Encapsulations is good for this, but others too, including Doctor's Best.

That's it for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post
My SFN is not non-length dependent but I wanted to tell you I respect your dedication. I have not met many people your age that are so disciplined, informed and willing to do whatever is necessary to get better. Btw I'd love to see what supplements you are taking.

I also think gut health is critical. Inflammation is an enemy.

From what I've read when you hurt a part of your body, as you did with a burn, that's often the spot nerves seem to target. Maybe someone can explain why. I can only say it happens to me also.

Please keep us posted. I am rooting for you.
Pinky
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (12-27-2015), Joe Duffer (12-27-2015)