Thread: My SFN Story
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 08:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sure, Ken. I was only suggesting (or meant to do so) that I would love to hear from SFN people. And I'm not even sure I have non-length dependent, at least in the form outlined by the literature. Categories are tricky things and they know so little about SFN other than that it's neuropathy restricted to small fibers. Until recently not really even that much.

Thank you for your kind words and advice. You're, of course, right about the need for core work. At that time, they thought it could be mechanical and were worried, since everything I did or they did with me made things worse. the physical therapists even refused to see me, since they were honest that they were worried. Once all the MRIs were in and it was clear that despite the herniations, the symptoms were not due to mechanical issues, or so we think now, they started to help. I'm back in the gym now, slowly, and in the next week or two I might start (very slowly) with some weights too. This is coming from a guy who used to do very heavy weights. I can tell that when I exercise I feel better and when I don't I feel worse. And who knows what the future holds, perhaps one day I won't be able to exercise, so I better take advantage now.

The symptoms all all over the place and in recent days my legs have gotten worse, almost like the summer. The left one hurts from the knee down, especially in the knee, the joints and muscles and all, as though there is poison in my limps. It drains my energy so easily. I think it could be the very low vitamin D, which I tried introducing, but had to cut out due to possible GI connection. I will reintroduce it on Sunday or Monday and see where it goes. I felt much better when I was taking the D3/K2.

Anyway, I hope you're feeling well, or better, and had a great Christmas. Thanks again for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrp01 View Post
I feel that this forum needs to be open to all Neuropathys because some symptoms and the associated stories and experiences cross diagnostic borders and are common across many kinds of PN. I also am not smart enough to use the sub-forums. This leaves me with the search function. For instance, I had a "burning pathway" from knee to hip as first symptom and bacame involved on left side 60 days later as I felt the "shocking" bridge across to the right side. Similar symptoms but different diagnosis. Secondly I am sorry you have so many symptoms right now. I understand your motivation to get it right with your eating and digestion. My concern is you said you were told to quit exercizing. With all that is spine related with you I would think that a core-related floor exercise for your back muscles would have been in the mix. Just off the cuff, I would say that I had a Chiropractor that helped me tremendously in my early stages. That deal about the quaking on one side?? Gait,balance,specific muscle exercizes, perhaps one could help you. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote