Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 10:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Ambien relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganPat Disanza View Post
My name is Pat I use Morgan Pat in memory of my dog and best friend who died 18 months ago. I don't know much about belonging yo a support group so be patient with me. I have had this perif neuropathy now for over 12 years now. At first it hit me by surprise and could not hardly walk or drive. I did finally find a pain Doctor that would give me something for the pain. I think I have tried every pill there is and nothing works like the Ambian. Since I only get the 30 pill ea month I cant waste them. But what got me is when I saw that most of you clam that the Ambian helps with your pain too. I'll usually that a half of a 10mg and that will really help me out until I take one at bed time. I really would like to discuss this with you guys and find out what you do to stay sain. Because I sometimes feel I'll lose my mind if I don't get my prescription. I'm really tuff on pain but it seems to be getting worst as time goes on and I'm not feeling so tuff these days. Anyway, looking forward to get to know all of you. Hope your all feeling better now!!
I don't think I could take Ambien in the daytime. Sometimes I barely made it to the bed before I was asleep. My pain meds covered me until about 6 or 7 pm and by bedtime, I was twisting in the wind with pain. Yes there is a definite relationship involved. After two and a half years I have been off Ambien for 4 or 5 months. If you decide you want to quit Ambien, be ready to have disrupted sleep pattern. I also would get anxious if I was down to the last pill and looking at a long weekend where pharmacy was closed. At first I was sleeping around 4 hrs a night interrupted. Now I am getting six or seven hrs interrupted. I am slowly returning to decent sleep. I reserve the right to start back up on pain meds and or Ambien any time I feel that they would improve quality of life. If the daytime Ambien is a dangerous thing for you(sleepy while driving) you might need to get regular pain meds. Good Luck and Happy New Year. Ken in Texas.P.S. Come join us in the Periferal Neuropathy forum.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (12-28-2015), Lara (12-28-2015)