View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 11:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Isolated Blood in Stool ... worry?

Hi,
I'm at a loss for what to do .... and this is an embarrassing topic as well. Here goes:

About 4 days ago I noticed my stool (which was normal in every other way)was quite red, and I had a lot of red - somewhat bright - streaks on the toilet paper as well. I felt fine otherwise. Since then, nothing - all is normal. Other symptoms which may/may not be related: an occasional minor "gnawing" sensation in my belly (which may also be due to hunger since I don't eat an overabundance of calories); very, very minor "cramping" on occasion, some weight loss without trying - I weighed 138 this time last year, but seems like my clothes (esp. bottoms) just don't fit anymore. Other than some muscle and joint aches, I feel really good.

A brief rundown of me: I'm 57, female, eat a super-clean diet ... NO restaurant or fast food, organic whole-food, mostly plant-based (I eat some fish and some organic grass-fed dairy); rarely eat anything processed, etc. I am 5' 6"/127 lbs./fit (I'm a personal trainer). I believe in holistic health and nutrition vs. conventional Drs...my history with them has been almost entirely negative and I avoid them if at all possible.

I have done hours of research on the internet, but have not come up with much. I really want to avoid having a colonoscopy (I've never had one and really have no risk factors); but I know if I go to a conventional Dr. that's the 1st thing they will probably mention. I am currently on Medicaid, so going to a Naturopath or Holistic Dr. is really not an option, financially.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or advice? Thank you in advance.
bchristine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (12-27-2015)