View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 04:25 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

We call the chewing on paper, cardboard...bitey bite.

Maya especially does this when her hunting urges are blocked...
While she watches the bird feeders or squirrels out the windows.
She will get really tense and zoom around, and often end up at Weezie's huffing paper bag, and Maya will then start her shredding bit. She bites off pieces and flings them into the air!

If I am around I'll play with her string on a stick and she will bite that for a while. I have a black nylon stretchy cord (sold as a sewing notion), attached to an old feather toy stick, and she will bite this and pull on it with her neck like a tug of war game. This then discharges her, and then she takes a nap after a snack of kibble.

We have a basement window fixed up with a climbing stack of wood with a cushion at the top. She will sit there and watch the birds walk around eating the seed that falls out of the above feeder...as the ground is level with her face. One day something happened out there...I think a cat came by. She started with her EH EH EH .... call. No other cat we have had has done this. Eh eh EH... she ran up the stairs calling this, and checking every window...to try to follow this "creature". Of course we never saw what set her off.

I've watched quite a few Asian cat videos, and am always amazed how orderly and polite the cats are. There is one, with a long line of them, waiting patiently for their turn at a brushing.

The big one at the end may be the Mama cat? She certainly gets lots of extra loving.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (12-27-2015), Littlepaw (12-27-2015)