View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 05:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused Scs

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep smilin View Post
note than mine!!! I have the SCS..in since 9/08... Trial went fine..believed I was a candidate..permentant implant put in...not able to with stand the vibration of it..causes much pain..can not wait to turn it off.... and it caused spread of my RSD.... Leaving it in in order to help with good leg, it's RSD affected now too... but all in all..I was never given a choice... pump or SCS... leaves one with a sore back.. hip pocket and some limitations... I won't be bungie jumping, Mary.... sorry.. and SCS rep's are not to be found now!!! What the heck...

Good rest everyone and thanks for listening to my woes....

KS
Hello, my name is Kim. I just joined this forum. I had my SCS implanted Aug. 2014. I agree that the trial one did more in terms of pain relief than did the permanent. I find a small amount of relief from this device. My problem now is that the RSD has spread to my Right foot (original point of origin in Left/dominant hand) and now may also be affecting my tailbone. I am unsure what to do now. I really don't want to go through the surgery and healing again for a small amount of relief but at the same time I need some sort of relief. My pain doctor has said there is really nothing else he can do other than install a pain pump. If you have any advise for me I would really appreciate it. I just feel alone in all of this and have no idea where to turn. Thanks. Kim
kservello is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote