View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 08:15 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
When my RSD spread and got much worse a few years ago I went to group E...got almost no sleep...never more than 15-30 minutes at a stretch and basically fell asleep due to pure exhaustion after several days of no sleep. Then the dr put me on amitriptyline and I went to group D...getting a solid stretch of 3 hours each night which isn't much but compared to the hellish several months prior I felt a lot better. Then I did tDCS treatments and I was able to get off the amitriptyline and was getting 6 hours a night consistently...occasionally more with just occasional bad nights during flare ups.

In October I fell off the top of a 10ft ladder at work and tore my rotator cuff...Right before thanksgiving I started physical therapy which made the shoulder much worse. Now...for the past month...I've been back to group E and it SUCKS. Can't sleep at all with this new pain even with the pain meds. They gave me flexoril for a couple weeks in the beginning to help me sleep but once I ran out of that I've been in hell with my sleep patterns. Insomnia is now my constant companion again and it's taking a hell of a toll on me where my pain levels are concerned. My RSD has been flaring more often and I've been house bound for a month now. Using the Quell device helps a little but I can't do many of my other pain management things at home due to those same things hurting the shoulder. We all deal with so much pain and I am used to that...but this shoulder pain on TOP of everything else has thrown me into a tail spin. Hoping it gets better soon because I will tell you that sleep makes a HUGE difference in my ability to cope with the RSD day in and day out...it's essential and not getting it right now is a killer...

Oh my goodness. WOW. To me, your situation is an example as to what makes CRPS such a Monster. With this disease we can be doing so well, and yet be set back so very quickly. You made such great strides along the way only to be set back by one major accident off of a ladder, which others would suffer from too, but would also recover more quickly from after the initial fall. But as for you, your CRPS ramps up along with the added pain from the fall, and tosses your sleep patterns back in the tank. How very frustrating!!!! CRPS really is a MONSTER! errrrr

You, my friend.. are definitely in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your situation. WOW
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (12-27-2015), catra121 (12-28-2015), PurpleFoot721 (12-28-2015)