View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 10:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear bchristine,

My first thought after reading your post was possible hemorrhoids. There are a lot of simple, harmless, reasons possible, including medications.

On the other hand, it is not something to simply be dismissed either. I understand your reluctance to rush to the doctor and undergo an invasive endoscopic procedure.

I would talk with a doctor as there are some other less invasive means of testing and giving you some peace of mind.

Everyone else has already covered most of the things I would have said.

You may want to consider a newer test called "COLOGUARD". It is an at home test, ordered by a physician, and mailed to a special lab. It is a little similar in the steps taken for an FOBT test done at home and submitted to a lab. Private and non-invasive.

You may want to look it up online and read about it. It must be ordered by a physician but you can request that be the first step taken rather than an endoscopic procedure.

Remember, just because your doctor may recommend a particular procedure, you do not have to agree to it. Don't shy away from discussing the matter with your doctor for fear of what he/she might suggest. What you do is YOUR decision, not your doctor's decision. He can only recommend, advise, suggest. You always have a right to decline.

I do think you should seek medical advice to be safe. Again, there are other tests that can be done other than a colonoscopy.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (12-28-2015), kiwi33 (12-27-2015), mrsD (12-28-2015)