View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 05:05 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi johnbull,

A couple of questions...

Was the surgery done by a general dentist, oral surgeon or periodontist?

How long ago were the teeth removed? Had they been previously root canaled (how long ago?) and/or infected (for what length of time)?

Was there any mention of a sinus communication or perforation either when the teeth were present... extracted... or when the grafts were done? Did or do you have any sinus discomfort or sinus infection?

It is typical for some bone graft granules to come out during the healing. So long as nothing major comes out, it is normal. Sometimes the pieces can get caught in the tissue and cause some irritation or soreness. But generally this is not painful per say, just sore.

Bryanna
Bryanna,
Thank you!
I had the surgery done in Spain by a highly qualified German dentist, who holds an M.Sc master's degree in Implantology and Oral surgery, and leactures at the local university.
The teeth had been removed, many (over 10) years previously, and to my knowledge had not been root canaled or infected.
There was no mentions of sinus communication or perforation, and i have had no sinus discomfort or sinus infection.
I have had soreness and discomfort due I think to the loose granules, but currently also have an almost constant dull toothache like pain in the surgical upper jaw area. Also I have the dull pain in my forehead and in the back of my head on that side. Additionally right next to the area of surgery is a new (completed just before surgery) implant tooth with crown, that feels 'numb' all the time, I'm not sure if this is usual.
Could it be that the area is infected and causing the pain. I did have a course of penicillin after surgery, but maybe I need some more penicillin or an alternative?
johnbull is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote