View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 06:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When I first learned that I "may be diabetic" in the early aughts and was put on metformin the issue was I did continue to eat as I was.

When I first dropped twenty pounds, my neuropathy started raging and my then primary seemed nonplussed I went free agent. I also decided to try and go without medication.

I tested often, as I had a lot of strips from when diligence was not my forté. I was good for a few months, but for some reason I was never really able to parse out fluctuations began to occur, rather wild ones. My numbers were just getting too high.

So I went back on metformin. I bring up reducing it from time to time with my doc, given my results on blood work, bmi, the whole picture. That wild fluctuation stays with me, that and the fact that I am only able to get to where I am a1c wise with medication.

I am bringing this up next time, though.

Thanks for the link.
KnowNothingJon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
madisongrrl (12-28-2015), zkrp01 (12-28-2015)