View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Support/strategy for Mom's diagnosis

Greetings and Happy Holidays,
For the past 5 weeks my mom has had double/blurred vision and believed it was centralized with her vision and sought new glasses. The symptoms and eye-lid drooping progressed and she finally made a doctors appointment on 12/23/15. Unfortunately and fortunately her appointment coincided with severe neck and back pains and an MRI/CT scan. Doctors diagnosed her with MG, and she is going back 12/29 for a follow up appointment with a neurologist.

I know my mom is terribly concerned, worried, and fearful of what's next for her and if MG is the correct diagnosis and if the muscle weakness with progress to other areas in her body.

So my question is, to family members of those with MG and those with MG, if you could go back to the initial stage of diagnosis, what would you have done, what information would you prepare or research and what questions would you ask of your doctor?

My mom is 60 years young, besides being fairly skinny, she's in great shape and is active. Has a great deal of stress in her personal and professional life. I recently moved 90 miles away (previously was 8 miles), I want to be there for her but I also want to ensure we as a family are doing as much as we can, as early as we can.

Thanks! I appreciate the insight and am glad there are forums like this.
jlfranta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote