View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 12:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Bryanna,

Thank you for your continued help.

The dentist took a 3D scan prior to surgery.

Sorry, but I find it difficult to answer some of your the question precisely, because the extractions were done, as I said, a very long time ago!

The extracted tooth that now has an implant and crown, to my knowledge was not canaled or infected. I can't remember when it was extracted but it was many years ago. The implant was put in March this year, the crown was put on 7 1/2 months later. It's crown (along with the two other implant crowns I had done at the same time) I now remember, was actually put on about a week after the bone surgery, but it's numbness was not felt until a couple of weeks later.

The two teeth that were extracted 10+ years ago were I think removed because of decay after probably being crowned.

I think the dentist would say that the bone in question, although not deep enough to support any implants, seemed healthy. I myself am healthy besides having type 2 diabetes..

I see the dentist next week and will tell him then of the current symptoms, including the numb feeling which I don't think he is aware of.

The lower teeth that are biting against this crowned dental implant have fillings..

If I assume that the bone graft is failing or has failed, what can be done? Obviously the clock can't be turned back, but if it's this that is giving me the pain, how can the pain be alleviated?. I care not that if its failed and I can't therefore have the proposed implants, I obviously just want to be pain free.

Could it just be an infection do you think?
johnbull is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote