View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 04:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
The psychosis I am concerned about is not about me. Research shows that routine cannabis use during the teen years leads to psychosis later in life, usually in the mid 20's. Studies have already shown the legalization has caused it to be much more accessible to youth.
Actually there's no correlation between legalization and teen use. Teens don't purchase from dispensaries, but rather friends that deal.
http://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-relea...ilability.html

As a daily card-carrying medical marijuana user (for neuropathy pain) I feel the need to jump into conversations regarding marijuana. It reduces my pain by 50-60% in an INSTANT. My rx's don't do much of anything for my condition. I have told my GP, Neurologist and pain dr and they all said they were glad it works for me and to continue if it helps.

I have a hard time with the 'teen use', 'driving while high' etc etc arguments that are still floating around. Its an adult product (like alcohol) and people should use it responsibly. I feel like these points are lazy rebuttals against the use of marijuana, when in fact they have no relevance to these discussions. They merely keep out-dated stereotypes alive and demonize what may turn out to be the safest drug we have ever ingested.

If your really concerned about youth, research the effects of alcohol use on the developing mind and the dangers to society. Or the nearly 10 teaspoons of sugar in a can of coke.

Nothing personal, Mark in Idaho, its become a hot button with me lately.
surfer00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote