View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 09:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dear Carol,

I had to look up MMN.......I so see your sensory nerves are not affected, so I enthusiastically recommend massage.

I have autonomic and sensory neuropathy.....very different. My symptoms came on rapidly last April. Some have improved, however my pain is worsening. Given all I am going though...including grief and depression about my lost profession, health, and life....my most effective treatment is yoga and massage. My son and husband chipped in, and my teacher/masseuse comes to my house three days a week.

I have been virtually bed-bound, however I have seen real improvement in strength, balance and spirits in just six weeks.

Pick carefully...the first person we hired had once been my fellow student and teacher. She was stuck on protocol and was quite insensitive. I was in agony during her massage! I was once an excellent yoga practitioner, and she could not wrap her head around my decline.....quite awful in every way!

My current teacher is just a natural healer....I am usually cynical about such things, but she has "the touch." I am very ill now (dysautonomia can create havoc with all systems), I physically feel sort of shattered, and I have significant fatigue and muscle atrophy, but I often remember what it's like to feel well right after a session. I even see some change in my muscle mass now.

My dysautonomia doc is thrilled I am doing this. My Neuro says there's nothing like the "laying on of hands." Pricy, but I save so much money now (can't eat out, shop, sit through a movie....etc. etc).

So check with your docs and go for it!
SylvieM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote