View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 11:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate that you understand what it is like to give up a passion in life. Jiu Jitsu is my passion, and it has already given me so incredibly much! I can't really imagine life without it. It has given me inspiration and something to fight for. It has helped me overcome much of my depression. It is such a beautiful art form, and it is a huge part of what gives life meaning for me.
Thank you again for understanding, I think a huge part of what I was struggling with is that it feels like no one understands. It feels like to give up Jiu Jitsu a huge part of me is dying. I do realize that I do have to give it up. I am trying to find ways around it, and maybe wearing a rugby helmet will be enough. But I know that I cannot risk another concussion. I can do some of the training and learning without the actual sparring, but it is tough to do the "grunt work" without having hope of doing the fun part, which is the sparring. I know I will never compete again, which also makes me super sad.
I am so sorry to hear about your concussions, and that you cannot skateboard anymore. That is a huge loss, and is very saddening.
Thank you so so much for your encouragement, you have given me hope, especially with your comment; "So just remember, no matter what you choose to do, if martial arts touched you and shaped you as deeply as skateboarding did for me, giving up the practice won't erase that love from your heart. It's a part of you, and that's probably going to stick with you forever whether you're physically involved in it, or not." It truly is a part of me, and will stick with me forever. Thank you once again!
jvh_star@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote