View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 11:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I plan on taking Anatomy and Physiology once I can tolerate the length of the lab--around 2 hours.

Based off of the last two and a half years, I would say that my biggest issue is the tolerance of stimulus and duration of activity. The thing that I can tolerate the least is straight reading--around 20 minutes. Playing Guitar is around 25-30 minutes. Screentime is 35-45.

For some reason, my brain can tolerate a longer duration for conversations when it's with someone like a Dr. or a friend, someone who I don't see on a regular basis. At this last Thanksgiving, I only needed one break during the 7 or so hours of visiting (and eating, of course!) The following days weren't too bad either. I could never go seven hours with one break at home.

My breaks last from 20-45 minutes and either have to be complete rest, exercise, or walking.

I also can have a longer duration of activities at night and need shorter breaks. This may sound like I'm overdoing it at night, but this isn't the case. I just feel better at night.

My cognitive functions all seem to have actually improved since my injuries. My learning ability and memory seem to be better. This may be due to getting more sleep and not being physically and mentally exhausted from sports and school like I was pre injury. My NPA said that I'm in the average to either low average range in all of the testing categories.
JBuckl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote