View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 01:55 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

It will help if you try to determine how you learn best. You likely will benefit from multi-sensory learning. That means using audio, tactile and visual senses to learn. This imprints knowledge into memory better for many people.

When you converse, you may tolerate the Doc and others better when there is an objective and structure to your conversation. Social settings often have a very abstract structure that can be more difficult to process. I will fatigue after 10 to 20 minutes of chit-chat but can go much longer if the conversation has structure like technical issues, etc.

Once you learn these differences, you may find that you can get far more done in a day by limiting abstract thought and focusing on structured thought. It helped me to also develop a system for changing tasks when I was starting to fatigue. It is a long learning process to just learn how to learn. Our past learning style may be useless. If you expect to still learn the same way, you will frustrate yourself.

So, please take some time to sort through these ideas. You may need an educational assessment to learn how to learn. Many do.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JBuckl (12-29-2015)