View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 07:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rec60661 View Post
Thanks so much for the info on Magnesium and I really DO need to hydrate.

Actually, my B12 level is around 800 but my folate is very high. I have learned that the serum b12 test is unreliable in detecting "activated" b12, so rather than do nothing, we're going to do b12 injections. No harm and it may help. A couple of PN articles I read suggest that if someone is symptomatic you should assume b-12 is the issue if it is under 1000.

I was taking Metformin to "prevent" diabetes which turned out to be one of the dumbest things I've done in my life. It seems the combo of an antacid for many years and Metformin for 18 months delivered a double whammy on my B12.

I start the B12 infections tomorrow and hoping beyond hope that it helps. I am so fearful that I am waking up feeling my nerves vibrating all over my body and have difficulty walking when I get up. I'm on a very rough road right now and am very VERY grateful for both of you providing this info!

I understand what you mean for the muscle twitching. I also am on Metformin to prevent diabetes since my A1C is borderline and I have started B12 shots every 2 weeks because my level is 273. My muscle issues seem to be more of a spasm that causes my legs to jump bilaterally, worse if I over do it. I am having to walk with a walker to help keep me from falling since I have no feeling from just below my knees down. I have been diagnosed with Axonal Sensory-Motor bilateral peripheral polyneuropathy. I have had 2 major episodes that were more like grand mall seizures but I knew what was going on. The 1st lasted an hour and a half that the 2nd for an hour. It felt like a ran a marathon and just needed to sleep. I am working to find the cause in order to try to stop the progression. I pray you find the cause of yours since I know that the spasms/twitching sucks. Good Luck!!
CCWalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote