View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 12:12 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Wow, Impressive that you can put so much information together. That shows quite an ability to process and store information.

Regarding number 7, sleep. Studies show that appropriate sleep is important over quantity of sleep. Very early on, quality sleep is important (first few weeks) but after that, too much sleep is counter to recovery. The brain needs mild stimulation to enhance good blood flow that does not happen during sleep. It appears that it is more important to sleep at points of fatigue (napping) so the brain does not go into debt. It was not uncommon for me to take 3 or 4 short naps during the day. Some of these were spontaneous. Others were a result of realizing I was fatigued and taking a short nap.

The difference in my ability to function in the time just before the nap and the time after the nap would usually be appreciable. My brain just needed the time out before returning to the activity/task at hand. I only sleep in/on my bed at night and after a serious overload/ over-stimulation event. The rest of the time, I napped in a recliner. It was more convenient and safer for my neck. I could put my head back while reading, take a short nap and awaken to return to my reading.

For some with physical injuries beyond just the brain, sleep may be needed due to the body's struggle to heal.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote