View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 12:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Hit it from all sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWalker View Post
I hope everyone has had a good holiday season. I have not been on here for a while but wanted to give an update. I have been formally diagnosed with "Axonal Sensory-motor Bilateral Peripheral Polyneuropathy that is progressive. I was advised that I don't have Lupus, Wilson's Disease, Celiac's Disease and not a diabetic. Stated that he does not know the cause & can only treat the symptoms. I have since started having gross motor movement issues mostly in my legs and lower arms but have had it occur all over my body twice. My doctor has added a muscle relaxer, Metformin and B12 shots. My sugar is borderline & by B12 was averaging 274 and they want it over 400. I hope that the shots every 2 weeks start to help. I have had 3 shots but have not noticed any change. I have an appointment at the MAYO Clinic in Scottsdale at the end of January and hope that I can get a cause to slow down or stop the progression.

Does anyone have this type of diagnosis or symptoms? I have had to quit work and have found that the trimmers have lessened but are still there. Any advise welcomed.
The change I felt as my b-12 got better was some increase in leg strength. It was not fast and or dramatic. Sorry,I know you dont want to hear that. Something that is good news, I don't feel that your DX has to be progressive. I have come up from using a walker to free walking and have close to the same DX. Hope your appt in January brings help. Ken in Texas.P.S. I am diabetic and if you can prevent getting it, please do so. It is a disease that is hard to get in front of and complicates everything including Neuropathy.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote