Thread: Frozen shoulder
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 06:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Caroline. I too was a gym girl but I haven't been doing anything more than occasional light weights for the past 8 or so months. What concerns me is, just like my neuropathy, I don't know what caused this either. My PT gave me exercises to do and explained it may be a long road but I am confidant I will be able to get full range of motion back. I just want this to stop. My body was functioning fine before the onset of my SFN symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
Pinky, I live with shoulders that were not quite frozen. My right is the worst and I'm thinking about 10 yrs ago a chiro worked with this shoulder to keep it moving...then I did one series of dextrose prolotherapy and got a good 3 yrs of pain free relief. I could use the prolo work again but I live with my shoulder issues. An MD on the radio on weekends says if you can lift arms just about overhead, shoulders are not frozen. I can and lift my arms daily.

Prolo (dextrose) and PRP and Stem Cells and Prolozone injections are not insurance covered. So one needs to be able to spring to these and fork out their own money.

I know my issues are from gym equipment (pulleys) that I used for years when I was going to a gym into my mid 60's...so 25 some yrs of gym work. Used pulleys improperly I realized after I felt injury.

Hope you can lift your arms and if so, continue. I do some other exercise work with the shoulders also.
baba222 (12-29-2015), zkrp01 (12-30-2015)