View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 01:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hello and Happy Birthday Jenn,

I am glad you reached out. Sometimes it's just good to vent. You are not alone. Dealing with pain, day in and day out is exhausting and it can just get you down. Depression and anxiety are not uncommon. I had a very difficult time at the beginning and was in a dangerously deep pit of despair for about 18 months. That's too long to go untreated. Like many, I had gone from being extremely active and carefree to dragging myself around (literally).

I credit a therapist with saving my life. The work we did together really helped me move forward and accept the losses. She used EMDR and hypnosis and I found both quite helpful for addressing depression and pain. This is not to say I don't have down days anymore, because sometimes we all struggle with the changes. But I am better able to be happy and content and be present with those I love.

If you do not have a therapist helping you through then it may be time to find one. There are even FaceTime or online options for those who can't get out, though I think a live interaction is best.

Thanks for sharing your birthday with us even if you were down in the dumps. As I have told my spouse many times throughout my ordeal "sometimes I just need to cry and get a hug".

I am sending you many hugs and thoughts of healing and peace in the New Year.
Thank you Littlepaw.....I do have a therapist but for someone like me, I find it very hard to really open up and tell him everything because it kinda sounds like I'm just grumbling. That's just me. Not saying anything about anyone else who utilizes this way. Plus I kinda feel like he doesn't give me answers to some of the things I talk about. It's kinda like okay if I open up I wanna know what to do to "fix" it, sometimes I get the feeling that it's more a place for me to just vent without any type of help for me with the root issues. I mean it's good to get some of the things out but at the same time I'd like to know how to handle them, what can I do to make it better? Ya know? I'm actually a really private person, which I guess makes it hard for me to talk to people about what's going on in my personal life, which is why it's pretty bizarre that I posted something on here. Lol! I probably should find someone else who would suit me better but I'm just too tired. Thank you for commenting and letting me know I'm not alone. I do appreciate every word you said! Thank you again!
IamJenn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (12-30-2015), RSD ME (12-31-2015)