View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 07:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura13 View Post
Hello, I'm diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder, and I've been doing not as well as I have been lately. I don't want to do anything anymore. It's weird, cause I'm really quite bored, but every time I think of something to do, I just can't see it as being any fun. Or I'll come up with excuses.

I'm already on quite a bit of medication, of course, so I don't know what to do. I'm going to call my doctor after this, but wanted to know if anyone here had any good ideas to deal with this.

Thanks - Laura
Hi Laura.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I share your diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder, and go through spells when I don't feel like doing anything either. It sounds as though your antidepressants aren't quite cutting it. I recommend you drink hot cocoa made this way: one mug of milk, two level teaspoons of cocoa, and two level teaspoons of sugar. Don't substitute ingredients. This cocoa does not affect my blood sugar levels very much, and always puts me in a better frame of mind. Also, minimize what you eat through the day. Try a liquids diet to help you get your zest for life back: soups, iced tea, coffee, broth.

Let me know how you fare.

Love, Roberta7659