View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 08:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default GP Appt booked for 15th

I can't say for sure how many days he has but I do know DB is conscious of the need to find and build his sober muscle again. It could be day 5, day 3 or even be day 1. And tomorrow NYE it could be day 0. The facial hair growth has put in an appearance again, same as last time he contemplated and began his sober journey. It came off last time after 10 days or so, maybe it helps when he looks in the mirror, maybe the itch becomes so unbearable its stronger than the urge and it gives him courage, I just don't know. But for now, he is home, unkempt yes, but clean and home from work each night around the usual expected home time and he is safe. I can be and am grateful for that. I'm sure this won't be the first lapse and I was warned repeatedly to expect it, so no surprises there, and no real devastating disappointment. It happened, time to move forward with tried and tested approach with the resources and support already in place. No need to reinvent the wheel. Sincere gratitude to those who read and comment on these posts. You all face these times and more but still reach out. Thank you.
eva5667faliure (03-19-2016), RSD ME (06-22-2016), Wide-O (12-30-2015)