View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 11:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--with B12 levels that low; certainly low B12 can cause a whole host of neuromuscular symptoms.

Really do peruse our B12 thread if you have not already done so; one of the most important things to learn there is that daily oral megadosing in the 1000mcg-5000mcg range has proven just as effective as B12 injections, if not more so, in combatting the deficiency (and has the advantage of keeping B12 levels in the serum much more constant--the idea is to passively absorb 1% to 2% of the large dose, enough to start to rebuild stores and provide enough circulating cobalamin for the body to use in repair).

Methylcobalamin and/or adenosylcobalamin forms are preferable to commercial cyanocobalamin forms in that they are already in more usable form (e.g., they don't have to jump through methylation hoops in the body before being usable).

The B12 thread is here:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread85103.html

Thank you for the B12 Thread. I will take a look at it. I am hoping that I can get some of my leg strength back but I am finding that the trimmers are the worst. I hope that once I bring my levels up they will not be as frequent.
CCWalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote