View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 03:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Hi Olraalil,
I'm sorry you have this terrible problem and confirmed dx, have they told you what the cause is? My TN is caused by an arterial knot around the nerve before it branches, but I am one of the unlucky few who has chronic Neuropathic Facial Pain and Parasthesia as well.
I suffered an extreme allergic reaction to Gabapentin, so - for my whole body Neurological Hypersensitivity - I have Lidocaine Infusions and take oral Ketamine. They work wonders for all my Neurological pain (except a new, unrelated type). There are also Lidocaine and Ketamine injections available. These have far fewer side-effects than most meds, Ketamine is even shown to be a mood elevator.
There is no way of knowing how long you will have this without a cause, but being Depressed - though natural - is making things worse. Have you spoken to your GP about your mood? If not, I urge you to do so. Depression rarely goes away without help and it insidiously feeds off our pain.
Over time - with acceptance - you do learn to 'cope' with daily Chronic Pain. It is hard, but there are good days and bright spots which you learn to appreciate more, instead of taking for granted. All the time remember circumstances may change tomorrow.
Any time you feel like talking, I'm here.

Dave.
Hi Dave,I hope you get to see this message seeing you posted quite awhile ago! Anyway I too am from the UK,Oxford,and I have had facial pain for 14 years.I don't have the striking jolts but constant pain with painful stabs .Like you I have exhausted all the systemic medications as I am hyper sensitive to them.I am very interested in your pain management regime- are you under a pain management clinic ? I have an appointment in Feb to attend one here in Oxford.My doctor is nonplused by my case and I am being my own advocate hence my interest in your treatment.I feel very alone in this nightmare but keep searching for an answer......you may just be it Dave!Thanks!Happy New Year! Wanganui
Wanganui is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (01-02-2016)