View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 08:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa_tos View Post
From what I've read in the literature, TOS from accidents have better results from surgery than repetitve strain injury cases. The results are also better if it's done sooner rather than later.

Two important things I learned what that TOS will not heal if you don't do aerobic exercise (which you might have to work up to slowly) and you don't strength the longus colli muscle in your neck.
Thanks for the input and I'm online checking out the edge low technique right now. I just wanted to mention that for the first year after the car accident, I did as much aerobic activity as possible but I developed plantar fasciitis in that same year after a work-related accident so I was limited. It was about 10 months after the car accident when I was doing a lot of upper body strengthening (push-ups, using the exercise bands, etc.) with my aerobic activities that the thoracic outlet syndrome started in, though I had had neck muscle spasm the entire time. I blame it on the upper body strengthening, not the aerobic, and while I do some aerobic exercise now, I am very limited because though the plantar fasciitis healed, after the car accident my pelvis twisted as well and I was recently told by a chiropractor that because of that I developed degenerative disc disease in my lower back which caused a bulging disc at S1 that touches both nerve roots (I'm only 30 and was in great shape prior to the accident), and that the twisted pelvis has contributed my now having bursitis at the back of both Achilles insertion points in my heels for the last 7 months. I'm like the walking wounded! Literally. Sigh, I only wish that stupid car accident had never happened. Okay, now I'm regressing to a five-year-old, but it really has mucked up my body.

Anyway, anyone with any input on the Doppler ultrasound, let me know, though I did purchase the Journal article I linked above, and it showed that the high Cm/sec were from a rebound effect due to constriction and that normal blood flow is between 50-100CM/sec, so mine can be either normal, too low, too high, or not at all, thus the vascular TOS diagnosis.

Last edited by MelissaLH; 07-01-2007 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Mistake!
MelissaLH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote