View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 11:14 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Underlying cause for Benzo use and getting off without withdrawls

Hello so i have been thinking a lot lately on the reason being that so many people are on - and get stuck on benzodiazepines.

I myself got Klonopin prescribed for managing Fibromyalgia Pains, as i couldn't tolerate opiates, tramadol etc. But i have always used it in a on - off approach due to the fact that i did not want to become dependent , as when i first got sick abroad many years ago with a virus infection of sorts, they got me on high doses off Xanax and i had to get off when i got out of the hospital and home.

But for me Klonopin has always worked good with coping with pain.

BUT i was thinking, keep in mind no case without exception, but could there be a reason why people struggle so hard to get off benzodiazepines , opiates etc. due to the fact that here is an underlying genetic condition making their neurochemistry unbalanced in the first place.

Take me for example i am a strong believer that for any disease, there is a root cause. And therefore i have a strong belief in Functional Medicine approach to health. Surely being in its "infant" part of the "medical revolution" i have found out that instead of you have fibromyalgia that's it , that i had gut issues, leaky gut (i know the tests for this are heavily rejected by some, but if you look into it , it's not that hard to see the logic and mechanism behind the test , how its performed and the answers it gives. And also i had heavy metal toxicity (mercury) and way to much cobber. Bot linked to a whole host of problems including nerve system, chronic inflammation etc.

Now i have been somewhat of a health "freak" biohacker, call it what you want really, for some years now, especially after i got sick. And i am a strong believer that it is possible that a vast majority off people being in pain or sick for what ever reason - there are underlying causes. Genetic factors. Environmental factors and toxic exposures of manny kind.

I myself saw tremendous improvement by cutting gluten, wheat, corn, milk - sugar etc. and going the Paleo approach, which isn't that hard to believe seeing the thousands of people´s testaments by switching diet etc.

My point is that i got genetically tested via 23andme.com and found out several really interesting and cool stuff. For example i'm ApoE E3/E4 which gets me in the category of having higher chance of developing Alzheimer's disease for example and also a high fat low carb diet put my cholesterol in a slightly bad way, so by increasing the carbs to a modest level i can get myself back in the good range.

Also i have deficit in several genes related to decreased GABA activity, which makes me prone to dependency of GABAergic compounds of the benzodiazepine sorts.

So now, that got way longer than intended, but the reason for this post is that i´m gonna off off the drugs completely in end of january and trying to heal fix the withdrawal symptoms completely and hopefully get a desired normal effect in the gaba receptors by supplements. And i am looking for inputs here, on annyone that has tried something similar, or know or heard of someone doing the same, please direct them to my thread.

In my belief the reason that so many have a hard time quitting benzodiazepines and suffers withdrawal or feel so bad that they have to get back on them is in many cases, not all, a strong deficit in their Neurochemistry - gene expressions that they feel the need to go back on.

Also i will experiment with making my own liposomal tinctures containing some of the supplements listed below. i will be posting some guides etc

Heads up - i live in Europe and english is not my mother tongue, so i apologize for any mis typings or bad grammar

Supplements im looking into:

L-Glutamine
Glycine
L-Glutamic acid
GABA in LIPOSOMAL form with L-Theanine.
Liposomal CBD (cannabidiol) don't know if spelled that right
L-tryptophan
5HTP
L-Lysine
Beta-alanine
Inosistol
Niacin