Thread: Startle Reflex
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 01:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

The PBE is one I'm not sure if I have or have always had or if I'm just in general an inappropriate person. I used to get into to so much trouble at school because I would start laughing any time the teachers scolded me. And I don't mean a little chuckle, we're talking about ready to pee myself laughter to where I certainly couldn't tell them that I didn't think it was funny at all. It's not very convincing when you're holding your sides and wiping tears from your eyes from laughing so hard, that you can apprieciate the seriousness of your transgression.

I never really seem to cry inappropriately though, just laugh. If I'm sad I might cry... or laugh... if I'm in trouble for anything it's always laughter... If I'm in pain it's almost always laughter though I have cried occasionally, rarely but it has happened. I do cry when I'm mad, like really fuming and nearly homicidal raging mad, but at the same time I only ever get that way when I'm sincerely disappointed in someone or if someone tried to harm me or mine. So I don't know if I'm crying because I'm so sad that some could disappoint me so much or crying because I have visions of the worst that could have happened to me and mine, or if I'm just messed up.

But everyone around me pretty much takes it as a part of me, it always has been, so if I'm rolling on the ground laughing my head off, they know I just hurt something really bad... If they try to pull the 'authority' figure on me and I laugh... well that's just what I do. (And you would not believe the number of tickets you can get out of doing that... I was shocked I've only ever had 2 tickets in my entire driving record, but I've been pulled over near countless times... It seems trying very hard to restrain laughter makes you seem like a quite the jolly driver who's not going to give an officer a hard time at all, so you must respect them very much. Which I totally do, don't get me wrong and all my transgressions were outside of residential areas and generally going with the flow of traffic where I was picked out of the crowd.)

My uncle did apprieciate that facet of me though when he was going in for his heart surgeries, my mother too. Since I'm certainly one to keep things light in serious situations.
agate (01-01-2016), SallyC (01-05-2016)