View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 09:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi there and Welcome!
Sorry you are feeling so icky. I am also in my 30's and have dealt with these issues for 8 years steady now. Its a downer. Unfortunately a chronic illness (be it FM or RSD) you may have to live on certain meds. It took me a long time to accept that I will probably have the 8 meds I have on my beside table in order to be "normal" for most of my life if not the rest. I don't have children so I can't understand that part of it but I have been out of the workforce for 5 years and it is hard to function on some meds.
I take Robaxin, a very strong muscle relaxant, and I don't feel zoned out all day. If you need a med in your system, that high feeling never comes. This also applies for narcotics, most people who are in need of those meds to get by never feel the high that people who take them just to take them do. If you are worried about that feeling, talk to your doctor so you can find a balance where the pain is minimal but you can still function. It may take a while but it will be worth it.
As recommended by InHisHands, I would visit the RSD (Reflex Sympathy Disorder) board. It sounds like you may have some symptoms of that illness. They may be able to help you there too.
Again welcome....I hate to see that you are in pain but I am glad you found us.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote