View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 06:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here, just diagnosed with 2mm Annie

Hello-

I was just diagnosed with a 2 mm aneurysm and I am really scared.

I am a 38 year old male who up until 3 years ago was extremely active. I had a bad concussion wake boarding and ever since then my life has been in a tailspin. I was diagnosed with post concussion syndrome.

They did an MRI three years ago but they did not find the 2 mm Annie at the time.

Recently I had a my first migraine which prior to the actual headache I lost vision in my left eye. This was followed by the worst head ache I have ever had.

This prompted my Nuero to order another MRI.

Below is what my Nuero said in an email to me:he radiologist officially read your MRI and here's the update:
They found a tiny (2 mm) aneurysm. This was actually present on your previous brain MRI that was done nearly three years ago (1/2013); the current radiologist found the aneurysm retrospectively (ie, after comparing the new MRI with the old one). This means the aneurysm is quite stable and not something to be alarmed by.
Additionally, the radiologist believes there is likely some sign of traumatic injury to the head. This is obviously not surprising with regard to the multiple concussions you have suffered.

We will repeat your brain MRI in one year to monitor for continued stability of that aneurysm.

I would really love to hear some advice. I have been having headaches everyday for 3 weeks. Mild but annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

September 2012 suffered concussion Wakeboarding.Recovered after a month and a half. November 24th 2012, second impact surfing.
Symtoms currently have is muscle fatigue, vision problems, overall fatigue, and extreme anxiety.
Support & Information
CW21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote