View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 08:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrp01 View Post
The spasms, are you on Calcium w/d3 or Magnesium? I had wasting of quads,gluteus maximus, Illiopsoaz(the muscle that lifts the knee). They did not respond to Physical Therapy, [SIZE="4"]it was as if the wiring to the muscles was not connected anymore. [/SIZE]I still exercize but not in an attempt to weight train. Early on, I set benchmarks for frogress. I have went from using a walker to free walking,woo-hoo. I also had (at the start) to lift my leg up into a pickup truck to get in. That is still the same and I blame the Illiopsoaz as not responding or rewiring or releasing or whatever. I agree that your symptoms are not due to weakness but nerves. But isn't it true if the nerves don't fire the muscle weakness is next. My thighs used to be huge as I made a living climbing stairs all day. (280 lbs) Now they are not as big and I can walk about 100 yds before hunting a place to sit down. My experience with a rehab trained massage therapist was nore valuable to me that PT. I hear conflicting stories so I guess it's whatever works for you. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
Your comment about the muscles not connecting--YES! That is exactly what I tried to tell all of the docs I've seen. I was running on a Saturday and all of the sudden, my legs weren't connected right anymore. I still get that sensation and my legs become very mechanical.

When this first started, I tried every possible non-doc involved remedy. Magnesium, calcium, vit d. I drank tonic water, pickle juice, and bullion. My testing showed that my vitamin levels are all really good. The only positive testing I have had is for antibody jo-1 and SFN.

I also see a massage therapist. But the PT I had a few years back, would also use message therapy. I guess that's why I liked her so much.

It's great that you are able to walk without a walker now. I'm not going to lie, some days I get really scared of what my future will be. I can still run. But standing up after I've been sitting or laying down is very painful. I walk like my grandma walks when I first stand up. After I move around a bit, it's ok, but it's scary to think that eventually it won't feel better.
teachermom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote