View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 10:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Day Zero again

What's the harm blah blah blah says the very physically ill alcoholic.

Even though stopped Antabuse well over 3 weeks ago he had a terrible flushing reaction to 2 beers (that I know of, I suspect more earlier before I got home from work as he "popped into the pub to place a bet" and says he didn't have 1 (lol probably true he more likely had 3 but truthfully said he didn't have 1)

TBH I was /am too tired to care. Next thing he suggests we go out for Mexican dinner which we did and on arrival States I'm having a beer, then orders a 2nd and then wanted a margarita and I at that stage I said No, we are finished eating lets go home, on the way the usual dribble... I'm the party spoiler, I'm the one who says no. I said it shouldn't be me at all to say no, say no yourself, you are the alcoholic, don't ask me, but deep down you ask me as you want me to say no, that then justifies you being rebellious and having one to spite me.

Anyway by then he looked very ill, it clearly was time to leave so the margarita went by the wayside. I find it hard to believe it's remnants of Antabuse, he stopped it 3 weeks ago, skulled the vodka last week and drank wine Christmas night, no flushing then. I think it's his liver or pancreas screaming out whoa dude, you're hurting us.... Sober today though only through me accompanying him to the gym, scuppered his plans for gym and then the bar. Work tomorrow, maybe he can start building his 1 day at a time again.

Last edited by PamelaJune; 01-01-2016 at 04:28 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-19-2016), RSD ME (06-22-2016)