View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 11:30 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hey Sam! I was just thinking about you. That is great news you have an appointment with a therapist coming soon. It sounds like she has great experience. I hope it is a good fit. Keep in mind it may feel a little awkward at first and this is normal. Or it may feel very comfortable. Just stay open to the experience and know that everyone is wishing you the best in your recovery.

On being in a funk. You are off routine with the holiday break and while not having the stress of classes can be nice it can also leave one feeling at loose ends. I personally don't think playing video games all day or staying in bed are good for you. I'd feel trapped if I did that too. Since you stated you don't feel good out of the house OR in the house then I would lean towards getting out of the house for different activities. When people are struggling with depression it is common for them to feel like they can't engage in activities but it is important to do so anyway.

Go out for walk, shoot some hoops, watch a funny movie or read a gripping book. Different stimuli will help you heal and feel more normal even if it is stretch to want to do them.

Did you see the new Star Wars movie yet? I was pleasantly surprised. They did a really nice job. My whole family loved it. If you haven't gone yet then do, it will be enjoyable and a good shared memory with your family. Daddy's Home looks funny too.

You matter! I promise. Keep it light and hang in there. Your appointment will be here soon.
Hi littlepaw,

Thank you so much for the reply.

I just wish time to the appointment would come sooner. I want my life back, I miss it. I miss the days where I would wake up and smile. I miss the days where school was not hell. I miss the days where everyday life was not hell. I miss the days where I actually felt like I was living!

Now I have none of that. All due to this horrible feeling.

I did see the new star wars movie, I loved it. I'm a huge star wars fan and have seen all the movies numerous times. However, even just going to the movies made my symptoms worse. Some parts during the movie I had to question whether I was dreaming or not.
SamG11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-01-2016), barbo (01-02-2016), bizi (01-04-2016), EnglishDave (01-03-2016), eva5667faliure (01-03-2016), Littlepaw (01-01-2016), OhKay (01-01-2016), Wren (01-01-2016)