Thread: My SFN Story
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 01:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Bluesfan,

Thank you for your kind words and the encouragement. This forum and you all are wonderful. I genuinely find it encouraging and an important part of this, and on some level I want to get better for us all, and feel that when others improve, it's a pick me up for me me too. I think such community is important.

I'm sorry to hear about your various health problems. I hear what you're neuro is saying, but perhaps it's still worth seeking the cause, in case it can be addressed? Perhaps another neuro will, if he/she won't? How have your symptoms gone? Have you seen improvement with dietary and/or supplement or general lifestyle changes? I hope so. Often that's all we have.

Thank you for those links. I've read much on here in the last month or so, but this looks good, and I don't think I've read it all for sure. I do have all the supplements and then some waiting in the wings and will introduce them one by one. In the last week or two, the B12 and B-complex introduction has really helped with energy, mood and much else, so that was a very positive introduction. I drank a lot, so it could have been caused by nutrient deficiencies, at least partly, if not entirely.

Well, I'll keep updating things, and will hope it's more positive than negative.

Thanks again and happy new year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan View Post
Hi DavidHC

Thanks for sharing your journey and the info you've researched.

I have PN (probably autoimmune SFN) but the neurologist says there's too many things going on health-wise to establish a definite diagnosis/cause. (Primary Addison's Disease (adrenal failure), Osteoarthritis, Sicca syndrome, TN + other stuff). Like you I've found lots of useful info here on NT.

If you haven't read the PN stickies here are links to a couple with lots of info and directions to other links & websites:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread177.html (started by Liza Jane)

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread43699.html (started by Liza Jane)

If you go to page 2 of the second thread there is 3-part post(s) by a member named Wing42 that has information on diet & supplements to reduce PN.

All the best for your continued treatment. You've done exceptionally well to turn your lifestyle around - hope it brings you more improvements.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote