Thread: My SFN Story
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 02:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for this, Glenn.

Yes, this: given the immune function of the gut, dysregulation there might lead to autoimmunities with neuropathy as a symptom.

Also what you say about alcohol is spot on. Moreover, drinking lots of beer can cause dybiosis in the gut, so there's that. I want to set things right in my gut and see what happens.

I've posted elsewhere about this, but I've had lots of blood tests, including ANA, which came back negative. I'll look through Liza Jane's sheets and see what else I can do. I want to test for mold and other toxins, since I suspect something along those lines, but I'm not sure what tests I can get done here in Canada.

I've had the tests for Celiac, but since I haven't had gluten for months, that came back negative. I may never know it's gluten, if it is that. I hear there's some test in the works that requires only 2-3 days of gluten exposure. But there's no way I'm going to eat gluten for months to get tested. I'm having a biopsy in the spring by my GI, but that will come back negative too, given my lack of exposure.

I do have IBS, so there might be something going on in the gut, likely so, made worse by the beer, the yeast and grain, and possibly some toxin or something that has caused infection and systematic inflammation.

Amyloidosis is also a possibility. I do have relatively low B12, but not deficient according to conventional standards. My D was quite low though. Anyway ideas and suggestions are certainly welcome, and thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--given the immune function of the gut, dysregulation there might lead to autoimmunities with neuropathy as a symptom.

And, alcohol has been implicated in many neuropathies both through direct action and through impacts on nutrition--a lot of heavy drinkers suffer from vitamin deficiencies that themselves may result in neuropathy

Since Liza Jane's testing sheets were brought up, what sort of serological testing have you had? There are tests for numerous autoantibodies, but given the less length dependent and rapid presentation you mention, the obvious investigatory roads include toxins, and gut autoimmunities such as Crohn's anc celiac.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote