View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 03:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Scary is the word

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
Your comment about the muscles not connecting--YES! That is exactly what I tried to tell all of the docs I've seen. I was running on a Saturday and all of the sudden, my legs weren't connected right anymore. I still get that sensation and my legs become very mechanical.

When this first started, I tried every possible non-doc involved remedy. Magnesium, calcium, vit d. I drank tonic water, pickle juice, and bullion. My testing showed that my vitamin levels are all really good. The only positive testing I have had is for antibody jo-1 and SFN.

I also see a massage therapist. But the PT I had a few years back, would also use message therapy. I guess that's why I liked her so much.

It's great that you are able to walk without a walker now. I'm not going to lie, some days I get really scared of what my future will be. I can still run. But standing up after I've been sitting or laying down is very painful. I walk like my grandma walks when I first stand up. After I move around a bit, it's ok, but it's scary to think that eventually it won't feel better.
I have used a spin bike daily almost daily for over a year and If I miss for too long, the range of motion for my knees and hips starts to constrict. My next greatest hope is some sort of floor pilates that will allow for slow stretches of hip flexors and Illiopsoaz. I would like to run but I would need to lose about a hundred pounds. I've lost sixty and regained fifty so right now I'm a human yo-yo. Do know your b-12 number? Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote