View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 03:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Could I have Fibro after 15 years of muscle fasiculations ?

Just a quick history of my symptoms...

About 15 years ago I was at a conference in Chicago and for what ever reason I started getting muscle twitching all over my body, legs, chest, back, all over...it freaked me out of course..over time the entire body wide twitching settled down and just remained in my calves mostly. I would get a thumper in my arms or other muscles sometimes but they didn't last long. After about 2 years of Dr visits and tons of blood work and 3 EMG's over the span of that 2 years they diagnosed me with benign fasciculation syndrome. OK..thats great no serious motor neuron disease. I went about my life as normal as I could except for the constant legs twitching and aches and pains that would move around my body.
Fast forward to this year 15 years after twitching and muscle pain started and I had a knee replacement this summer due to an old sports injury that had my knee bone on bone. Trying to recover from the surgery was and is a struggle, even my good leg is feeling strange, calf and thigh muscle get sore daily and I'm not doing that much other than walking as best I can from the knee replacement. Feet, ankles, calves and even up into the thigh muscles are sore all the time. Lower back pain that moves around from side to side. Back muscles get sore, shoulders hurt then they get better after a day or so. Just all around body aches and pains. I'm going to a neurologist now and they gave me Lyrica, 50 Mg which does make me sleep, can't say it kills the muscle pains and aches. They are sending me to aqua therapy and ordered another EMG. I don't know what Fibro people feel and was wondering if its possible I have it ?
I'm in my lower 60's, and can't believe this is a age related thing.
pennben is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote