View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 05:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Right, I believe I'm out of the worst/acute stage of BN, I'm experiencing pain when moving around after about 30 mins and some weakness. From what I understand and like you said, most people recover in a year or 2.

Yes, pain was a 2 or 3 on most days after I completed PT. No meds. Some bad days here and there of course. Only thing I really avoided was heavy lifting with my right arm.

The reason I'm wondering about a redo is because I've been out on FMLA for 2 months now, I have 2 small children and I want to continue to work. Of course I'm going to wait and see if the BN fades before doing anything drastic. Also, for about 9 months leading up to the BN and since my scalenes have been in a constant state of spasm. Hence the Lyrica and Robaxin meds now. I have family in the St. Louis area and I've thought about contacting Thompson. He does the total scalenectomy which is what I've got questions about. Chris Young's story is crazy to me, he won comeback player of the year after his surgery.

“We did an approach from above the clavicle to remove the first rib and the two scalene muscles that attached to it,” says Dr. Thompson. “We found scar tissue that had formed around the brachial plexus nerves and we removed the scar tissue and mobilized each of the brachial plexus nerves. Through a small second incision below the collarbone, we released the tendon of the pectoralis minor muscle, as well. And so we opened up the space all the way through the thoracic outlet for the brachial plexus nerves.”

Last edited by Jomar; 01-01-2016 at 10:12 PM. Reason: * sorry no links/attempts for new members per guidelines
Blackstar25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote