View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 09:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm truly sorry to read all this, the more so as, in the past, I've been guilty of some of the things you describe myself.

About those test results: when you are in the active phase of alcoholism, those results don't dictate logical thinking either way. If they are OK, the alcoholic will say "see, it's not so bad, we have been exaggerating, it's OK to have a few." Whereas a really bad result will make him say "it's too late now to become sober and healthy(ier), I might as well continue drinking."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
I'm the one who says no. I said it shouldn't be me at all to say no, say no yourself, you are the alcoholic, don't ask me, but deep down you ask me as you want me to say no, that then justifies you being rebellious and having one to spite me.
And that is the crux, of course: somehow, somewhere, the will to get sober no matter what, must be present. It may not be enough - there are other things like actively seeking help, doubting your inner voice/addicted mind (not as easy as it sounds), but it is a crucial ingredient.

Anyway, those festivities are gone now. I can only hope that your DB sees the writing on the wall, and uses this new start to give it the best effort possible.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-19-2016), kiwi33 (01-02-2016), newstown (01-02-2016), PamelaJune (01-02-2016), RSD ME (06-22-2016)