View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Pheonix3,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

It sure sounds like you have a solid case of Post Concussion Syndrome. But, you also may be suffering from a neck injury that can be contributing to your headaches. Also, maybe some TMJ inflammation.

Do you have a concussion clinic in your area ? That would be a good start. And, tell the truth about your injury. It may have been a bonehead move but it is the truth and it is the past. It is more important for doctors and your parents to fully understand how you got hurt. Did you video it and put it on YouTube like most your age do ?

Stay away from alcohol. Caffeine, too.

talk to your school about getting some assistance. You may need a longer time and quiet area for exams and tests. Hopefully, they understand how to help a student with a concussion. A concussion clinic would also understand. Your school's football coach or trainer should know where a concussion clinic is.

And, go to a counselor. have you parents make the contact, not a classmate.

btw, There are quite a few distance runners, past and present here. I was an old school miler, 2 miler and cross country runner. I was of the era of Steve Prefontaine if you have heard his name.

Please stay in touch. there is a lot of help and understanding here.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote