View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 07:03 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Pheonix3,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

It sure sounds like you have a solid case of Post Concussion Syndrome. But, you also may be suffering from a neck injury that can be contributing to your headaches. Also, maybe some TMJ inflammation.

Do you have a concussion clinic in your area ? That would be a good start. And, tell the truth about your injury. It may have been a bonehead move but it is the truth and it is the past. It is more important for doctors and your parents to fully understand how you got hurt. Did you video it and put it on YouTube like most your age do ?

Stay away from alcohol. Caffeine, too.

talk to your school about getting some assistance. You may need a longer time and quiet area for exams and tests. Hopefully, they understand how to help a student with a concussion. A concussion clinic would also understand. Your school's football coach or trainer should know where a concussion clinic is.

And, go to a counselor. have you parents make the contact, not a classmate.

btw, There are quite a few distance runners, past and present here. I was an old school miler, 2 miler and cross country runner. I was of the era of Steve Prefontaine if you have heard his name.

Please stay in touch. there is a lot of help and understanding here.

My best to you.

Thanks I sure do know who prefontaine is he's and idol of mine. I'm seeing a neurologist and the school nurse is helping me with tests and such. It's stressful though because I know the material but can't take the test and by the time I take the test I will forget the material. My friend has the video and is been showing everyone which makes me feel so stupid. The story I gave was that I jumped really high into the air and came down really hard which caused my knee to hit my chin which I assume is just about equivalent.
Phoenix3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote