View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 11:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Answering your questions

He didn't mention any perforation, but I'm not sure I like his communication with me. I asked him about it, and he said if I had a perforation, it would likely heal.

After I went to the oral surgeon again, (the day after my original post) he just gave me augmentin. I don't think it did anything, i didn't notice a change at all. So now i've taken amoxil for seven days immediately post surgery and augmentin for seven days. I'm worried if it is an infection it'll be antibiotic resistant at this point.

I'm worried that i somehow have perforation that didn't close up and is causing an infection somewhere. Or that the bone graft is somehow causing an infection.

If i press on my face on the side of my nose on the affected side (my right) i get tenderness. If I bend my head it becomes more painful. Today i've noticed pressure underneath my eye as well, and i've had a nagging headache on my right temple. My nasal passage on my right side feels stuffy. I'm still blowing green and yellow stuff. my gums sometimes hurt on that side, and my teeth. I can still smell the sickly sweet smell too, and sometimes taste it. And it makes my cheekbone hurt, and my throat on that side a little tender.

I believe there is some post nasal drip because of the taste, and i become nauseous. The teeth were not root canaled, but one of them (the fused twelve year molar) had a cavity.

are there ways to tell if the sinus was perforated? should i seek out an ENT or a different Oral Surgeon for more guidance? The one i went to did not really take my concerns into real consideration. I told him i had a gross smell, he looked at my gums and said they looked fine, took an xray but i don't know what he saw, and gave me augmentin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi JenLRhodes,

Given your dental history, surgical experience and antibiotic history, it is very possible that the sudden smell in your nose is indicative of something abnormal (bacterial) in your sinus.

Was there any mention of a sinus exposure or perforation mentioned to your by the oral surgeon? If you press on your face just to the side of your nose on each side, near the lower cheek bone, do you get any pain or tenderness? If you bend your head down towards the floor do you get any pulsating or discomfort in the your sinus or head? Any discomfort or pressure in your ears? Any post nasal drip? Do your nasal passages or sinus feel stuffy?

May I ask... were the extracted teeth root canaled?

Bryanna
JenLRhodes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote