View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 10:37 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Melody - Plan D

I belive you have said you dont have a traditonal Medicare Plan - this makes a big difference... Under the traditional plan nursing at home is covered by medicare, the med itself is the recipients responsiblity so Plan D comes into play.... and co-pays... again, depends completely on the insurance plan.... Private Insurance is handled and paid differently also.... With the IVIG - the donut hole is reached within first two months of care! And usually with private insurance - catatrohic levels are also reached very quickly... with an HMO etc I belive costs are much different.....

Its the nature of the animal! (the insurance industry)

Also, Roxie, if your doc says you can no longer work - you need to apply for disaiblity as soon as possible... If you are a teacher I believe you have your own disability plans vs SSDI - but you must have a doctor who states you can no longer work at all, and its a long process - so if this is the case its important to look into asap.... I would reserach all the information you have at home regarding your benefits, and then if necessary contact Human Resources... you may have a short term policy you can draw on - FMLA will only allow you twelve weeks off until you can be legally terminated.

I definately talk to your doc about this...!
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote