View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 11:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Get 504 plan and and hang in there

Hi there

So sorry to hear of your struggles. For school, get your parents or you canask about a 504 plan because of the pcs. Your neuro can write a note too explaining that you need the extra time on tests and probably reduced homework. Your school counselor should know what this is and you need it. I am a teacher so I know you need this 504 plan and I think most states have this.

It's hard to be so young and invisibly injured, but injured you are. There are groups on Facebook about PCS too and I think there was one just for teens. Check that out. It might help you to find people of your own age suffering from this too and you can get ideas from them about coping etc.

You are early in brain recovery. I know 3 months is a long time in ways, but the brain heals slowly. I hope you can find ways to reduce stress in your life in order to facilitate brain healing.

Hang in there! Read the stickie about PCS and hope. Recovery is possible.

Take care!

Poetrymom

Symptoms I had: dizziness, light and sound sensitivity, fatigue, tinitis, occasional headaches and migraines,

Symptoms as of 5--2013: poor sleep, tinitis, some confusion /short term memory blanks, balance. The other symptoms are mostly gone, but flare up if I OVERdo something.

Therapy I had: vestibular

3 months in: I could drive more and for longer distances. I felt like a younger, happier version of myself and I feel so blessed to have this feeling.

9 months in and I am working full time. I do get tired, and some sound and light sensitivity from time to time, but mostly I am over most of my symptoms.
I pray every day and I m praying for your recovery.

Over a year in: I can multi task (limited) and have humor in my life. But when I am tired, I am very tired.
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote