View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi Wanganui,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been laid up, ill.

Few things are more miserable than chronic Facial Pain, even the sporadic attacks of TN only bear comparison - at least their intensity lasts minutes, it is not ongoing.

While the cause of my TN and Facial Pain/Paresthesia is known (arterial knot), no Neuro can understand WHY I suffer with the constant pain and numbness.

As for treatments, I have the misfortune of suffering chronic Cluster Headaches which take priority. For prevention I take Topiramate, an anti-convulsant, which has the beneficial side effect of reducing the Facial Pain, probably by 25%. Due to my multiple other conditions I also have monthly Lidocaine Infusions and take Oral Ketamine. After this procedure, or having taken the Ketamine, I notice a marked reduction in pain, but not the Paresthesia.

The Infusions are a little extreme for this condition, but the other two, or another anti-convulsant could be worth exploring.

Hope you get some relief.

Edit: Just read your other Posts. You should definitely have your GP refer you to an idiot Neuro (just my low opinion of them, but they serve a function sometimes). I am surprised you have not seen one before, that is the first option usually.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

Last edited by EnglishDave; 01-03-2016 at 07:05 PM. Reason: add.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-03-2016)