Thread: Greetings!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 07:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Greetings!

Hello. I am new here and always looking for new information and suggestions that might help me. It is also comforting to meet people who know the struggle of dealing with such a burden. Before I was diagnosed I was always relatively healthy other than minor issues here and there along the way. One day I simply woke up and had headaches. Each day they were progressively worse. I finally saw my primary doctor who gave me something like Imitrex while I waited on referral. She also tried to get me into a neurologist. While waiting I started having more symptoms. I had eye issues, my vision was actually blanking in and out, horrible nausea, vomiting, and fatigue. I finally saw the neurologist who I was not happy with because all he wanted to do was medicate me. He did not want to find out what was actually wrong me with me. I did finally find a good neurologist who did do testing. I had blood work, eye tests, multiple lumbar punctures, and MRI&CAT scans. I was eventually diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri. I had to have a LP shunt placed after seeing a neurosurgeon due to having severe eye issues. After that happened the neurologist diagnosed me with chronic migraines in conjunction with the original diagnosis. This he said because I continue to have chronic headaches/migraines and they can’t seem to find medication to “fix” them. The shunt has fixed the vision and continues to help but is not the fix I was hoping for. The biggest issues I have are when I do lots of activity and get my heart rate and blood pressure elevated this seems to really make things worse. This can bring on nausea, headaches, fatigue, dizziness, or lead to a full migraine if I push it too far too fast. The doctors don’t seem to have answers for this problem. Smells are also a huge trigger for me as I know they are for other people. Cigarette smoke will bring on a migraine for me faster than anything else, so I have to be very careful in public. Currently I see a neurologist and a neurosurgeon for these issues. I sometimes feel as though they really don’t know what is wrong with me because they have not been able to fix the issue. I currently take Topamax, Propranolol, and Valsartan, however, I am still having daily headaches. Any suggestions are welcome. It is nice to meet everyone. Happy New Year! =)
.marisa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (01-06-2016), Lara (01-03-2016)