Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 11:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Sorry I took so long

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganPat Disanza View Post
Nice to here back from you, Ken. If I take a half of an Ambian during the day, I'll wait till about 3:00 or 4:00pm. I never take it and then drive my car. I have tried all kinds of pain medication throughout the years and nothing seems to help. I only take the Ambian as a last resource. Believe me I don't want to be taking pain medication that I might get addicted to that doesn't even relieve the slightest bit of pain. I'm no scientist but I keep thinking that there is something in the Ambian that relieves our pain and why can't they make a pill that contains that but not make you sleepy. I don't know it's just that after 20 years of this I just would like some relief. I'm not complaining cause I know their are people out there that are in way worst condition then me and I am thankful for what I have but I do think that maybe it could help out a lot of people with other kinds of nerve pain. Well thanks again for you reply and hope to hear from you again and anyone else that reads this. Hope you have a really Happy Holiday's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I"m slow going back sometimes. If I am not mistaken, Ambien is in the opioid family. My day used to be covered by Hydrocodone for 12 hrs and then an Ambien for the night. I am now off the Hydro, it wasn't that tough to quit. The first 24 hrs was a little nail-biting kinda. I am also off the Ambien, it has proven to be a deeper relationship than the Hydro. The Hydro was the first med that actually gave relief to me. Gabapentin,a little,Tramadol, a little. There is pain relief out there if your pain is great enough to go to pain management. You have to have a pain Dr now to get the Hydro. My pain was driving me to depression so my PCP RX'd it before the laws changed in 2015. In summation, don't fear anything that will get you to another day, time is needed for healing and you can always quit pain meds later. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Diandra (01-04-2016), Lara (01-04-2016)